Community Park Cities Tactical
Park Cities Tactical
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stancliff69, reaboy86, wfbacker, Airborne Daddy, Russ
9972 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Top Posters
p7newbie 11040
Limey 4177
Stephen 3795
HK45C 3786
P7perfect 2860
CZ-75 2825
Mathew 2197
TRMN8R 2114
SAWBONES 2045
yugo308guy 1941
Forum Stats
9972 Members
21 Forums
17927 Topics
143536 Posts

Max Online: 492 @ 03/27/20 10:08 AM
Featured Member
Google Ads
Amazon 2
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#127457 - 12/31/01 03:20 PM So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
HK45C Offline
Operator

Fox News showed a poll that 71% of adults will be staying in tonight. What are you guys doing? I'll be working a position at the New Orleans International airport tonight. It's my permanent 6p-mid Monday night spot. This is the first year for as long as I can remember that I've CHOSEN to work New Years Eve night. It helps that it pays double time and a half.

What ever you do tonight...have a very Happy New Year. cheers

#127458 - 12/31/01 04:10 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
RTAB1 Offline
Operator

Loc: MN
Celebrating at my house with friends. No interest in being anywhere near the roads tonight. Happy New Year to all. Russ

#127459 - 12/31/01 05:14 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
gemarsh Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: GI, NE. USA
Staying home here. Rented some movies-US Seals II, and the like.

Be Safe
Gayle
We know exactly where one cow with mad-cow-disease is located among the millions and millions of cows in America but we haven't got a clue as to where thousands of illegal immigrants and terrorists are located. Maybe we should put the Department of Agriculture in charge of immigration

#127460 - 12/31/01 08:46 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
CharlieTuna Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I just got this computer running again, and I still have one more to go. I'll be staying in tonight. At least I can now visit some sites. For the past 2 days I've been fixing my computer.
USP Elite 9mm
USP Match 9mm clone
USP Match .40S&W clone

#127461 - 12/31/01 09:14 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
Anode Effect Offline

Loc: S.C.
I'm at work also. I'm being paid double time and a half as well. laugh

#127462 - 01/01/02 08:26 AM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
Stephen Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: Dallas, Texas
My lovely bride and I went over to Edster's house for the evening. We had quite an enjoyable evening... unfortunately, being the old fogey that I am, we left there about 30 minutes before midnight so I wouldn't have a hard time driving home (due to being tired NOT drinking!). My wife and I had to smooch for New Year's up on 635 near The Galleria laugh eek laugh

Our very own Echo7 was there as well as the lovely Mrs. Edster and a few of the neighbors.

Thanks for the invite guys!! Oh, and did any of the other girls take their shirts off after we left? wink :p tsk

Happy New Year's all!! cheers drink

"...I could talk about industrialization and men's fashions all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude..."
Hans Gruber from Die Hard

The Cult of The P7 Fair and Balanced: "You report, we decide."

Ass seen in April 2004 SWAT Magazine.

#127463 - 01/01/02 10:49 AM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
Edster Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Dallas, TX
Thank you very much for coming, Stephen. We enjoyed it. It was a pleasure finally meeting your better half. Best wishes for 2002.

Other than the first girl, nobody else tried to take their shirt off. Later that night, she got loaded up pretty well on sparkling apple cider. laugh

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Edster ]

#127464 - 01/01/02 03:42 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
gHost reKon Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
Stayed home with family and friends. Brought in the New Year with a game of Monopoly. Didn't get as drunk as I wanted to frown I made a resolution to buy at least one new HK every year laugh Happy New Year. cheers

#127465 - 01/01/02 04:13 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

Went out w/ someone on date # 5.5. First out to dinner and then to one of his friend's houses.

It was going great till he discovered my special S&W airweight 442 holster.

His response was something like "jesus what is that!" [sigh]

I wasn't going to wear it, but there were too many variables with the evening, so I did.

Now I don't want to hear any lectures on how I should have warned him because it's not like you really know when these things are going to happen. He asked why, and I said something like 'to be prepared in case something happens.' I don't think he approves.

FrontSight

#127466 - 01/01/02 04:36 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
gHost reKon Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs, CO
First, you'll always have to compromise in a relationship. Second, if you don't ever plan on going out with this guy again, don't worry about what he thinks. But if the evening went well and you guys hit it off, just sit him down and explain your passion for firearms. Tell him that you feel safe with it and that you'll understand that if he feels uncomfortable. I think most men would understand. My wife doesn't quite get it, but then again she's not that type of person. For your next date, take him out to the range and let him bust a few caps cheers

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: Ghost_Recon ]

#127467 - 01/01/02 05:10 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
garrettwc Offline

Loc: Midwest
Quote:
Originally posted by FrontSight:
I don't think he approves.
FrontSight

If you are getting serious, find out for sure. Ask him out for coffee, and sit down and have a long talk. Let him speak first, ask him how he feels about what happened and why. Acknowledge how he feels, and respectfully, rebut the items you disagree on by telling him your feelings and why you feel that way.

If he doesn't want to talk, or vehemently disagrees with how you feel, you have your answer. If he was merely caught off guard, and is understanding as Ghost mentioned, take him to the range and help educate him.

Good Luck.

#127468 - 01/02/02 07:45 AM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
454 Offline

Loc: MN
Quote:
Originally posted by FrontSight:
Went out w/ someone on date # 5.5....
It was going great till he discovered my special S&W airweight 442 holster.

Two questions: how did you get half of a date in there, and, with all due respect, I thought Texans were used having guns around.

From Miss Congeniality: "Of course he had a gun! This is Texas, my florist carries a gun!"

BTW I stayed home on New Year's Eve and watched an old B&W movie with my wife and ended up in bed before midnight.

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: 454 ]

#127469 - 01/02/02 04:38 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

Thanks.

I'm seeing him Friday for lunch.

He called me today and brought up the topic himself as something that we should "talk about." So I quickly suggested Friday for lunch.

But the really exciting thing is that before he mentioned that, he apologized for picking me up Monday night. I really hate being picked up now. I forgot how much it scares me until it happened. Since he didn't know this, I didn't say anything. He gets definite extra credit for perceptiveness / figuring this out on his own [keeps me from having to explain it.]

FrontSight

#127470 - 01/02/02 07:29 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
Ronin Offline

Loc: New York
No lectures FS, you're sharp enough to know what you're doing. Me? Went out and partied with friends. Had a great time and no drinking. eek2

#127471 - 01/05/02 08:58 PM Re: So what are you doing for New Years Eve??
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

Lunch went OK, except he didn’t offer me his pizza tip. You DO realize it is a sign of true love when someone lets you eat the tip of their pizza slice (the best part of the slice) ?

The discussion about guns went OK. Not great, not terrible. I think he thinks I’m slightly abnormal for owning a gun. frown

He did ask me how many guns I own, and I said, “Hey, that’s a personal question!”

[think quick… diversion needed... think like p7newbie would...] “That’s like asking what color underwear I’m wearing!”

He said, “Well, I’m wearing your basic white.” [diversion worked! laugh ]

Quote:
Originally posted by 454:

Two questions: how did you get half of a date

454, you get 1/2 a date when you are in a situation that you don't expect to be a date, but it kind of turns into a date.

Quote:

in there, and, with all due respect, I thought Texans were used having guns around.

:-) Yea, that's the stereotype.
Maybe Austin is an exception.

FrontSight

[ 01-05-2002: Message edited by: FrontSight ]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  CZ-75, HK45C, Stephen 
Shout Box

BorrowLenses
Google Ads 2
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page