Community Park Cities Tactical
Park Cities Tactical
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stancliff69, reaboy86, wfbacker, Airborne Daddy, Russ
9972 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
JoeyBones (41)
Top Posters
p7newbie 11040
Limey 4177
Stephen 3795
HK45C 3786
P7perfect 2860
CZ-75 2825
Mathew 2197
TRMN8R 2114
SAWBONES 2045
yugo308guy 1941
Forum Stats
9972 Members
21 Forums
17926 Topics
143533 Posts

Max Online: 492 @ 03/27/20 10:08 AM
Featured Member
Google Ads
Amazon 2
Topic Options
#127493 - 01/08/02 03:01 AM Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

"Gun sniffing time" from Sparrow

Context:
I shoot defensive pistol on sunday nights and use my original P7 almost exclusively, the gun always draws attention during gun sniffing time between stages.

"Safe Queen" from P7M13

Context:
The 45 combat shoots like a dream, very accurate and a wonderful crisp trigger. I had a NIB safe queen target model [...]

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: FrontSight ]

#127494 - 01/08/02 08:54 AM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
SAWBONES Offline
Operator

Loc: The third dimension
Thanks, Front Sight. I like it!
It's the PCT version of Readers' Digest's "Toward More Picturesque Speech" column.
Anybody recognise any other examples?

#127495 - 01/08/02 09:19 PM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

"Xray your ammo" from p7newbie

Context (said with the newb level of sarcism and pointed wit):
I x-ray all my ammunition. "Hey, maybe they forgot put the priming compound in that primer? You never know?"

Meaning: you're being waaaay over-paranoid. New common usage: "Don't x-ray your ammo."

FrontSight

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: FrontSight ]

#127496 - 01/09/02 08:49 PM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
Edster Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Dallas, TX
Tactical Handi-Wipes

Rumor has it these same handi-wipes are used by elite military and law-enforcement units.

Well, not the actual individual handi-wipes. Reusing somebody else's handi-wipes would be kind of gross. I mean they are the same kind of handi-wipes.

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: Edster ]

#127497 - 01/10/02 07:18 AM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
Stephen Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: Dallas, Texas
You know it daddy-o laugh

The Tactical Handi-Wipes I use are the same style as the US SF, SEALs, Rangers, Green Berets, Delta, FBI HRT, USSS, etc. Keep in mind that I was the primary T&E Team Member and put them through rigorous testing in hellish environments (they'd make Afghanistan look like Beverly Hills) that most of you will never know or encounter.

It's guys like me, putting it on the line every day, that make and keep our world a safer place.

pimp

"...I could talk about industrialization and men's fashions all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude..."
Hans Gruber from Die Hard

The Cult of The P7 Fair and Balanced: "You report, we decide."

Ass seen in April 2004 SWAT Magazine.

#127498 - 01/13/02 12:35 PM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

Oinker, noun,

In the work context, oinker = a code word between females for someone who is sexist. As in, "Careful, he's an oinker." Subtle oinkers are much more dangerous than overt oinkers.

Subtle oinkers will do things like only give out the risky / high benefit work to males and keep the females in support roles unless the female is at least twice as qualified as any male that he would put in that position. But outwardly they will participate in diversity programs. Subtle oinkers often don’t realize they are oinkers. True non-oinkers are rare and precious. Follow them. Subtle oinkers are dangerous to one’s career, and if you have one two levels up from you, you might as well make a change now.

Overt oinkers will just do things like proposition females on business trips or make crude jokes. The interesting thing is if you are an overt oinker, this does not always mean you are subtle oinker. Between the two, overt oinkers are preferred, because you can always just say no, or yes, or tell them to shut up, or improve on their joke. Actually, if the timing and context are OK, there is nothing necessarily wrong with overt oinkish behavior.
Example: The instructor for my CHL class, an older very colorful Texas man who was rich with classical Texas stories, said at the beginning of the day, “Naaaoow, we usually have sum trouble with the laadies takin’ the test. You have shot a gun before?” I just smiled, tried not to laugh, and said, “Yes.” He was adorable and that didn’t bother me at all. (had he been 40 years younger I would have responded differently)

After the test, he said, "Naaoww you didn't tell me you were a shooter!" I said, "How can I be a shooter when I haven't gone shooting in the last 6 months?" A guy in the class told me he was going to take some bets out on me with some easy marks. So I s'pose in that context easy marks would make some oinkish assumptions and not believe I could shoot.

Contrary to popular belief, whether or not you are oinkish is independent of how much sex you want, get, or think about.

Not all of this translates completely to the Park Cities Tactical context of course, so the definition gets mutated to suit the need. laugh

Oinkish, adjective
“an oinkish remark”

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: FrontSight ]

#127499 - 01/13/02 08:46 PM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
FrontSight Offline
P7 Vixen

p7newbie shim

Context: OK WaltherP99man, thanks for the newbie shim.

shim = in computer hardware geek speak, there is a usually a shim between your CPU and the heat sink. It's like a spacer that separates and connects the 2.
shim = in computer software geek speak, a part of the software architecture that performs a certain function between 2 different types of code

I believe shim originally comes from woodworking, aka a wooden shim that you wedge between things.

A newbie shim = someone who translates p7newbie's cabalistic posts as needed

#127500 - 07/26/02 01:23 PM Re: Vocabulary enrichment from this BB aka 'Toward More Picturesque Speech'
Stephen Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: Dallas, Texas

"...I could talk about industrialization and men's fashions all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude..."
Hans Gruber from Die Hard

The Cult of The P7 Fair and Balanced: "You report, we decide."

Ass seen in April 2004 SWAT Magazine.

Moderator:  CZ-75, HK45C, Stephen 
Shout Box

BorrowLenses
Google Ads 2
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page