Community Park Cities Tactical
Park Cities Tactical
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stancliff69, reaboy86, wfbacker, Airborne Daddy, Russ
9972 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Top Posters
p7newbie 11040
Limey 4177
Stephen 3795
HK45C 3786
P7perfect 2860
CZ-75 2825
Mathew 2197
TRMN8R 2114
SAWBONES 2045
yugo308guy 1941
Forum Stats
9972 Members
21 Forums
17927 Topics
143536 Posts

Max Online: 492 @ 03/27/20 10:08 AM
Featured Member
Google Ads
Amazon 2
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#130138 - 08/30/04 06:43 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
yugo308guy Offline
Operator

Loc: columbus ohio
No Way, this is unreal! Just before reading this(which of course, made me pee my pants) I just posted a response to Stephen's cat problem. You should read it, I thought for sure you were going to Zap you're cat. laugh

#130139 - 08/30/04 07:05 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
Stephen Offline
Grand Poobah

Loc: Dallas, Texas
LMAO! dunce drink

"...I could talk about industrialization and men's fashions all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude..."
Hans Gruber from Die Hard

The Cult of The P7 Fair and Balanced: "You report, we decide."

Ass seen in April 2004 SWAT Magazine.

#130140 - 08/30/04 07:14 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
Clyde Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: VA, USA
jester LOL

#130141 - 08/30/04 08:26 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
wkdk2 Offline

Loc: South FLA
That is too funny!! If you ever get the chance to see a one of the ne M26 Tasers (Law enforcement taser that shoots to "fish hook barb's up to 21 Ft) in action you will never forget it. I have been lucky enought to see several deployments of the M26 and man let me tell you that thing is awesome. I have seen most of the deplyments while in foot pursuits which always end in the bad guy stiffing like a board in mid stride and doing a face plant.

The funniest one I saw was a man tried to run on a bicycle from us. my partner deployed the taser striking the man in his back (the worst place to be hit because of the muscle mass). the man went head over heals off the bike like he had been hit by a Mac Truck. After taking the 5 second lightning bolt express he looked up at us and asked what happened.

I have to go through in service trainig with mine on sept 9 where I will get to experense first hand the 5 second ride of a life time. If i can video it I will.

Ernest Hemingway

#130142 - 08/30/04 08:52 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
bsr Offline

Loc: so cal
wkdk2 -
Will pay to see a copy of the video.

#130143 - 08/30/04 09:24 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
ext Offline

You need to step up to the "MX Animal Taser"!

http://www.taser.com/pages/video/bull01.html

The Taser video page is full of entertainment!
http://www.taser.com/pages/video/video.html

#130144 - 08/31/04 03:38 AM Re: Tazer WARNING
MichaelVain Offline

Loc: Richlandtown, PA
Gayle, that is hilarious, you silly guy you. Glad you're ok, if you had a heart condition that could have proved very bad for you.

Next time Gracie coughs up a hair ball you may wanna see if it's in there... eek2

#130145 - 08/31/04 06:16 AM Re: Tazer WARNING
armed citizen Offline

Loc: Columbus OH
gemarsh, you my friend are a dumb-ass!

Of course, I mean that in the nicest way possible!
hide

#130146 - 08/31/04 08:19 AM Re: Tazer WARNING
HK_Los Offline

Loc: Frankfort, KY
Man Oh man. I've always wondered what one felt like. I can honestly say that I still might be compelled to try the same thing if one was laying around. I'm just that curious. Looks like curiousity almost killed the cat... that is if Gracie could die laughing. laugh

#130147 - 08/31/04 05:05 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
MarineTech Offline

Loc: Falmouth, Maine
Ahhhh that lovely Taser tingle. I got "familiarized" on them in the Marines back in the early 90's when it looked like 7th Marines would get called out for the LA Riots.

It was a toss-up on what I hated more. The tazer, or military grade OC spray.

Anyway, glad to hear you're recovering. As a piece of advice on finding your "goodies"..... That tight feeling you're getting in your chest is probably them. They ran up in there to hide. Good news is that they should drop back down in a week or so if the coast stays clear. Try to avoid cold water or nude pictures of Rosie O'Donnell and they should reappear on their own.

#130148 - 08/31/04 06:57 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
Edster Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by MarineTech:
Try to avoid... nude pictures of Rosie O'Donnell....
This is good advice even if you haven't suffered a tazer zap. :p

#130149 - 08/31/04 08:00 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
SPOTTEDDOG Offline

Gayle,you f@#ker, I snorted BEER out my nose when I read that!!!

#130150 - 09/01/04 04:00 AM Re: Tazer WARNING
Quint57 Offline

Loc: Jupiter, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Tse Gee La:
Speaking of shocking the crap out of yourself;

I had a roommate at oe time who used to teach Advanced Kife Support in a local community college. He was telling me ho during a break during a class he had a student who was wondering what a defribulator would feel like.

Now of coarse since the student was a Intermediate level EMT he knew he should not touch this thing off to his chest so instead decided to test it on his thigh.

So he rolls up the hem on his shorts slathers the gelly you see in the movies on the paddles and places it on either side of his thigh. Meanwhile there are aeveral other EMT's and nurses watching the impending doom but making no attempt to stop him.

Next genius boy cranks the knob to unknown amout of jeuls and says, "CLEAR" then presses to button.

Luckily with all the medical personnel around they where able to revive our genius. They where however not able to reconnect the muscles in his thigh to the ends of the bone. He is therefore sent to the hospital with a huge mass of muscle in the center of his femur.

God only knows how this finally turned out.
I know how he feels.... This seems to happen by accident more often than not. After being a paramedic for 23 years you get to hear the term "Clear" a lot. There has been more than one occasion that I or one of my crew members have been touching the patient when the energy is delivered (Politically Correct Terminology). Now we teach them to say "Clear head, Clear feet, Clear me" and actually look before welding the patient.

Just to give you an idea of what the energy is like.... joule = watt seconds. The maximum amount of energy on most defibrillators is 360 joules. Large studio photo strobes are rated in watt seconds with the big ones being 4800! Now granted defibrillators are designed to concentrate the energy to overcome transthoracic resistance so 360 joules could put you into ventricular fibrillation if you weren't already in it.... so here I am, first day on the job as a first assistant for a commercial photographer and I guess I missed the part of the lecture about dumping the charge before unplugging the strobe head.... full shock from a single 4800 watt second head!
I found myself on the floor, drooling. Never forgot to do that again. dunce

#130151 - 09/01/04 07:10 AM Re: Tazer WARNING
Lacerated Offline

Loc: A van down by the river
Great story, but what brand and model of Taser was it? If it works that well, I may pick one up.

- Ralph Wiggum

#130152 - 09/01/04 12:51 PM Re: Tazer WARNING
TimWarner Offline
Sharp Shooter

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I want one too, I need to make a new squirrel trap.

Like a chicken battling communist zombies.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

BorrowLenses
Google Ads 2
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page