Community Park Cities Tactical
Park Cities Tactical
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Stancliff69, reaboy86, wfbacker, Airborne Daddy, Russ
9972 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
John D (67), Sunra (47)
Top Posters
p7newbie 11039
Limey 4177
Stephen 3795
HK45C 3785
P7perfect 2860
CZ-75 2823
Mathew 2197
TRMN8R 2114
SAWBONES 2044
yugo308guy 1935
Forum Stats
9972 Members
21 Forums
17901 Topics
143273 Posts

Max Online: 402 @ 10/18/16 04:09 AM
Featured Member
Google Ads
Amazon 2
Topic Options
#137516 - 03/03/10 08:09 PM New MacBook Pro!!!
HK45C Offline
Operator

Last week my MacBook Pro crashed. Ended up needing a logic board, seemed logical enough. laugh Well after waiting two days I get told the logic board is on back order until March 22. No way I can do without my MBP that long. It has all my digital imaging software on it and I'm dead in the water without it. The tech at the local Apple service center recommended I contact Apple Care directly.

I call and no solution. They say they can't help me. I would rather have no cell phone for 5 weeks. I decided to call again on Friday. This time I ask for a loaner, the guy can't help me with that and transfers me to customer care. I again ask for a loaner and am told they do not have a program to provide loaners but she can arrange for a replacement. I perk up a little and ask what that entailed (refurb? cost? etc.) She said no cost and told me she had to check the website. I figure there's some internal website that shows what old crap she can dump on me. When I ask what website she tells me apple.com. I get even more perked up.

On the piece of shit old Lenovo laptop I'm on I head to apple.com. I start checking the "equivalent" specs on a current machine as she reads them off. She compares the specs to my current machine asking if each was acceptable. Without acting too excited I say it is. She arranges to have the replacement sent out and adds the current Apple Aperture 3.0 to the machine at no charge. I provide an AMEX # in the event I don't return the broken machine in the time allotted and am told to expect an agreement I have to sign to be sent by email.

2 hours later I get a call from another CS rep. She said she needed to go over the spces of the new MBP before she can send the agreement. She starts reciting the spces at which time I immediately realize it's the next higher MBP she's listing. Again without sounding too excited I agree to what's she's saying. Later on I gather that since the MBP that I had was the middle model they decided to replace it with the middle model even though the lowest current machine is way ahead of what I had with updated trends and technology.

Well here I am now typing on my new 2.66ghz Intel Duo Core, 320gb HD, 4gb Ram unibody MacBook Pro. The 3 year Apple Care warranty I paid for was well worth it. I got a 2 year 4 month old MBP replaced with a brand new machine. And...they're going to refund the unused portion of the plan (now to November).

The Apple Service Center transferred all of my applications to the new box (free of charge) and so far it appears to be seamless transfer.

ALSO I'd like to publicly thank Enigma for offering to send me his MBP while I waited for mine to be fixed.

Edited by HK45C (03/03/10 08:10 PM)

#143339 - 06/01/19 01:55 AM Re: New MacBook Pro!!! [Re: HK45C]
P7Enigma Offline
CULT GOATS FOR SALE

Loc: HURRICANE ALLEY
I must have been drunk as hell. I dont remember that offer. cheers

Shout Box

BorrowLenses
Google Ads 2
Cluster Map
Locations of visitors to this page