Trussville versus Columbus

Posted by: NewOldGuy

Trussville versus Columbus - 08/09/12 05:39 PM

I'm new to the forum so Hello To All!!!

I am also new to P7's. I am trying to become a more informed shopper and have noticed that must folks and gun dealers want more for the Lower Saxony P7's from Trussville than they want for Columbus. I have been searching this forum and others to see if there is a reason for this...not much luck using the search function.

Has anyone else noticed this or have a search thread for me to review?

Thanks
Posted by: Richard S

Re: Trussville versus Columbus - 08/27/12 04:19 PM

I hadn't noticed the price difference, but the Columbus marking simply indicates that the pistol was imported from Germany after June 2008. Subject to correction, I believe the following is a listing of the stamps and dates for P7 imports.

Arlington, VA: 1975 - 1983
Chantilly, VA: 1984 - 1988
Sterling, VA: 1988 - 2004
Trussville, AL: 2004 - June 2008
Columbus, GA: July 2008 - Present
Posted by: NewOldGuy

Re: Trussville versus Columbus - 08/31/12 10:30 PM

Thanks for the reply. One shop did mention that the Trussville was "older"....guess that (in their mind) made it $200 more than the Columbia i did purchase from them. From what i could inspect at the shop, the two pistols were in the same shape. I felt like 650 was very reasonable for the Columbia.
Posted by: sonic

Re: Trussville versus Columbus - 06/04/14 07:10 AM

This is a good bookmark regarding P7's ... cool

Why are the Chantilly models more coveted that the others ?
Posted by: mightymouse

Re: Trussville versus Columbus - 12/30/14 09:22 PM

All P7s are getting more expensive these days. I do miss the days when $650 would buy a good police trade-in.
Posted by: mightymouse

Re: Trussville versus Columbus - 02/08/20 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: mightymouse
All P7s are getting more expensive these days. I do miss the days when $650 would buy a good police trade-in.

Now they want $1650 and up for the good old police trade-ins. Man, I sold three (of my four) too cheap (still have one).